Tuesday 1 April 2008

Hi Folks! I'm staying with Leanne and Co for a couple of days so taking advantage of her computer. Many thanks to all of you who have been concerned as to why I'm not posting and thanks to Mrs Nesbitt for posting in my comment box to explain that I am 'sans pc' at the moment. So far so good at college. No referrals so far...in fact between you and me I've had some really good comments on my work by my tutors. Three assignments to do over this Easter break so I've been scribbling away on paper, tearing my hair out and pacing the floor. Hopefully I can get the bulk of it typed up while I'm here. Exams in May and also a Project to do so keeping busy.


Unfortunately no photos as I didn't bring my camera to pc lead with me (sure there's a proper name for it but it escapes me at the moment). Suffice it to say that the garden is doing well considering that it was covered with snow at Easter!


There have been some emotional times; March 4th would have been Mick's 65th birthday and the 1st anniversary of his passing away is on April 6th but I won't dwell on that. I did try to sign on to Job Seekers as the bereavement benefit I've been existing on ends today. However, it transpires that although I am willing to work when I'm not at college this is not allowed. If I wish to go on Job Seekers I have to come off the course. To have come so far and then not be able to finish it seems ridiculous especially as the whole point of my going on the course was to put me in a better position to find work. What is even crazier is that if I do give up the course the DHSS could well put me on a course to help me get a job!!! Anyway things are a bit in abeyance at the moment ...fingers crossed I get something sorted out.


The gardens doing quite well considering that it was covered in snow at Easter. Wish I could show you some photos but you'll have to use your imagination. Various types of Daffodils have been in bloom, since January. Irises, tulips, anemone blanda, perennial candytuft etc etc. The Camellia is just starting to bloom and the buds on the Clematis Montana are swelling up nicely.
Once again many thanks for all your messages, unfortunately with no computer I've only just managed to pick them up.
Stay well my friends and keep smiling.

18 comments:

crpitt said...

Hey Ruth, I have missed you and the garden, mainly you.

I am glad that college is going really well for you and hope you that you get to finish it, college for me is bloody intense at the moment. From jungian to freudian to pavlovs dogs :)


I am always thinking of you, so its great to hear that you are doing well.

:)

A wildlife gardener said...

Missing you, dear Ruth, though I am glad to hear all is going well with your course. If you fancy a spot of dancing you will be very welcome to join in the Froggie Hoedown at Barleycorn :)

CG said...

How great to see your post: I have been thinking of you and missing you LOADS. Those rules re your course and working etc seem lunatic.

{{{HUGS}}}

dot said...

It is always nice to hear from you. I've missed you!

Akelamalu said...

Hi Ruth it's great that you have managed to post. Please get your PC sorted I miss you!

The benefits system absolutely sucks!!!! I do hope you manage to get something sorted and they don't expect you to live on fresh air.

It must be hard for you with Mick's birthday and anniversary so close, I know you'll get through it but I'll be thinking about you. xx

Gledwood said...

Hi Ruth!
I'm glad the college thing's going well... Garden: if only I had SOME greenery to see apart from the leeks and courgettes that sprout from shopfronts all along the highstreet, I might have SOME more sense of where in the year we have gone. I've noticed it's light awfully late (duh!)... and yet I've not seen a daffodil, nor even a snowdrop this year... leaves shall be on the trees soon...
As for dates... dates... dates... I prefer figs. Fig rolls are blessedly good with a cup of tea and there's no risk of emotional upset (unless you prefer bourbon creams) ... Bloody hell that was a dreadful pun I shall have to go take care Ruth I will be thinking of you
XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,

Don't know if you remember me. I'm Jo with a husband called Mick too.

I've been away from my blogs for the winter months but came back at the start of the 2008 season. I can tell you that I was mighty worried when I saw that you hadn't posted for a while.

I'm glad that college is going well for you, you sound as though you are enjoying it, but the benefits agency just sucks. How ludicrous is that??? They'll take you off the course to give you benefits and then put you on another one!!!! What's that all about??? You know them too well though now, Ruth. Red tape and the lot of it. It makes my blood boil.

I'm sorry that you don't have any photos of your garden. I just love how knowledgable you are about your plants. You post a picture and educate us all about the plant in the photo, I have learned loads from your blog.

Dates, they serve to remind us, however, we don't reminding Ruth, do we. One date is very similar to the next when we're wishing back time.

I'm so pleased that you've managed to post. Have a lovely time with your daughter.

Jo.
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Struth, Ruth, It's good to see your blog again! xx

mrsnesbitt said...

Hi Ruth, always here chuck and will keep people updated.
Great to see you here again.
Love & miss you lots.
Denise
xxxx

Jeanette said...

Hi Ruth, Nice to see a blog update ive been back many times but nothing new. but on the other hand I know your so busy at college and hope all your studies are going well... Take care dont forget to rest... Jen

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

hey Ruth,
Nice to hear/ read about you again, please take care because you were the firts person who introduced me in (daily) blogging, I'll never forget that:)now you are without a pc, hows study? take care:)

JoAnnn from Holland

Peaceful/Paisible said...

go on Ruth my sweetheart, you're doing well, we are all on your side...kisses from france...

Neva said...

HI Ruth...quite the dilemma isn't it? job or college...sometimes rules make no sense! I hope it all works out well for you.....and can't wait to see your garden!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Glad for the update. Was hoping it was just that you'd been busy. You have our support though this emotional time. Paula

Gledwood said...

hang on Ruth why is it taking so very LONG for this computer to be fixed? or are you totally SANS computer now? if the former your repairer ought to be SHOT; if the latter why not use college computers surely it only takes an hour to post and another hour another time to catch up with old messages etc? Please Ruth we really do miss you, take care! ;->...

A wildlife gardener said...

Hi, dear Ruth, hope all is well with you :)

Mary said...

good luck with your coursework and exams - the rules regarding training courses and j s allowance are crazy - my son is in the same boat!! Looking forward to seeing pics when you're able to post them, but understand broken pc's cost money to fix and I'm sure you've got more urgent needs. God Bless

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Gosh. Thort I'd left a messidge, but it issent heer. Maybe it disappeerd in Blogger Space!

ENyway, keep well- sendin nose hugs!

:@D

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw