Tuesday 31 October 2006

A IS FOR..................contd

Our wee aloes are babies taken from a mother plant when hubby and I had our one and only holiday abroad in Spain a few years ago. No that's not a flower on them; it's a self seeded busy lizzie. I didn't have the heart to pull it out. I know I will have to pot the aloes up at some point but at the moment I am managing to keep them small by keeping them in small pots. Mind you I don't know where I would put them if they were bigger as they are very lethal. I guess I would have to drink plenty of wine so that I could put the corks on those sharp, pointed tips.

Our azalea was another bargain (excuse the stray poppy in the middle) this time from Aldi. It is completely deciduous and the majority of flowers appear before the leaves.



The Asters, a sure sign that autumn is on its way. The first picture is of one we bought for 10p at Homebase in their throwout area. It was a weedy little thing with shrivelled leaves about 2cm high. Shows what a bit of TLC can do.


Aquilegias are very promiscuous plants. They seed themselves around quite freely and seem to grow anywhere. The third photo is of William Guinness (note the Guinness black(well almost) and white colouring) and is hubby's particular favourite.




No comments:

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw