Saturday 19 May 2007

BLOWING IN THE WIND

As it's not wheelchair friendly it's been a couple of years since I went for a walk up to the countryside area near our house. Being an outdoor type of person it was lovely to be able to look across the fields to the distant horizon.



In one field was a single poppy....it stood out amongst all the wild grass....it was really windy and the poppy was being blown about yet coped with it all and never snapped or lost a single petal. I felt rather akin to that poppy in it's struggle to stand fast.

Update:

I feel quite honoured as Gledwood has used this on his Novelty Clips Blog...I've just been looking at some of the Panda clips.

6 comments:

lilymarlene said...

Hold on Ruth....hold on! You're doing so well!
The scenes were empty and lonely.....we see just how you feel. Hold on!

Gledwood said...

Is that an olden village nestled in those trees..? Looks just like where I grew up (only one county away - Herts). I borrowed your poppy vid btw. Hope you don't mind. It's starring in my clips collection as well. Of course people still know it's yours!

I'm testing the flags tonight on my html test blog (v cautious, me) ... wish me luck!

Weather was pretty grand today, wasn't it?!

Your gardening blog always brightens my day.

Take it e.zee

G
xx

talj said...

So pleased to hear you were able to get up there and enjoy the view! The poppy is so beautiful.

{{{HUGS}}} xxx

Gledwood said...

PS Have a look at this it cheered me no end:

http://gledwoodvideo.blogspot.com/2007/05/panda-sneeze-3.html

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

That's lovely, the poppy blowing in the wind. One of my favorite flowers, the red field poppy.

Jon said...

I love that red field poppy! I have a patch of red opium poppies that reseed and come back every year. They are such a glorious mass of red in April. The shots of the landscape are very nice also.

Best regards, Jon on 8-12-07

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw