Wednesday 16 May 2007

GREEN CONCRETE!

With it being so rainy yesterday and chilly too it wasn't a pleasant day for getting outside. I spent a little time going through old photographs trying to find some I could scan and use on my PHOTO A DAY blog. For those who don't know on my P.A.D. blog I post a photo (except on very rare occasions, one taken by myself) and a quote. Photos are easy to find; quotes are easy to find; finding a photo and a quote to go with it...not so easy! While I was looking through the hundreds of photos I came across one from our early gardening days. I've no photos of the garden when I first moved in ....who takes photos of plain concrete! This one would have been taken when Mick and I first caught the gardening bug and dug out a small border for some summer bedding..........if you'd asked us then what annuals were we would have said "books that are printed once a year?"The same area of the garden now.......

We certainly did catch the gardening bug didn't we!

7 comments:

talj said...

You Sure did!! And what a wonderful transformation :o) {{HUGS}} x

Libbys Blog said...

Fun isn't it! Except for the weeds, bugs, to much rain, to little! aching knees, to hot, bad back etc, etc etc!! lol!! Love it really!!

Naturegirl said...

A wonderful change! You mastered your dream! :) NG

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

What an enormous improvement on what once was. You've created such a lovely paradise here.

BTW love your definition of an annual! :-)

CG said...

What a difference!!!!

Mauigirl said...

Wow, what a difference! I love before and after pictures!

wheatgerm said...

nice job

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw