Friday 12 January 2007

BLOWING IN THE WIND


Unlike some poor, unfortunate souls we did not have any major damage caused by the high winds of yesterday. Our plastic "greenhouse" did blow over but luckily I only had a few osteospernum cuttings and some stipa grass seedlings in it. None of these seem particularly damaged so I've repotted them and will keep my fingers crossed that they survive








The cloche that was covering the pond had blown down the garden a little. I've folded it up and put it away for a few days. I'd only really put it over the pond to stop the water freezing but at the moment (until next week the forecasters say) the weather is mild enough for me not to have to worry about it.







One of our neighbours was not as lucky; their fence was blown over. They have only this year revamped their garden and have quite a few exotics in it; I hope the wind hasn't done them any harm.







Now this is a photo I never expected to ever take. Daffodils and Osteospernums flowering at the same time at the beginning of January.


“One thing we know about Mother Nature is that she’s a fairly fickle instrument, and we don’t know exactly what comes next." -Mark Sanford-

No comments:

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw