Thursday 14 December 2006

FIRST SIGNS OF SPRING!

When I went out to feed the fish this morning (can't believe they are still so active in December) I noticed the first sings of spring. First of all there was a Celandine in flower; don't usually see these until after the Snowdrops have bloomed and also the first bud on a Daffodil!!! I know my friend Sue always remarks that our daffodils are the first in bloom but BUDS in DECEMBER!!! I wonder if they will just stay in bud until the spring or will we have BLOOMS on Christmas Day!!





Must introduce you to our latest Christmas ornament. I was online the other day ordering some new thermal vests and long johns for Mick for Christmas (shhh.........don't let him hear!) and saw that the company had a SALE on. Well I spotted this Santa at only £3.99 and couldn't resist him.

I'm a sucker for a bargain!

P.S.

A quick update on the Camels Tails (see yesterdays post). The tails were "unstuffed" before the parents saw the nativity play so that the chidren could sit on them.........the tails that is not the parents!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Hi Ruth

Thanks again for the so nice comment on my blog. Makes me feel like "doughing" it forever.

I will catch up with all your new posts over the weekend again, but had to finish reading the camel story.
It is hilarious!!

And it is definitely fairies....

Stay well and hi to Mick

Lvs
Elsie

RUTH said...

"DOUGHING" IT ...... nice one Elsie (LOL)

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw