Monday 18 December 2006

I'd almost forgotten but MONTHS ago when I'd bought a bottle of Ribena there was a contest on it. One of those "look on the back of the label and see if you've won" sort. Well Mick and I had won a blackcurrant bush! I duly sent the form off and with everything going on I'd not thought about it any more. This morning a padded white envelope dropped through the door I thought it must be something I'd sent away for from a catalogue. I opened it and this was inside!

Now it may not look much at the moment but in a few years time I could be making my own blackcurrant cordial. Of course I had to quickly go out and plant it; just a matter of pushing the piece of twig in the ground. Just as well it wasn't too long a job; it was freezing out there! I did take a moment to open our shed-cum-greenhouse. Everything looks OK in there but as an extra precaution I popped some horticultural fleece over all the pots. The weather men are forecasting -5 over the weekend. Think I'd better go and get my flannelette nightie out of the moth balls and give it an airing!!!!

No comments:

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw