Thursday 14 December 2006

LOST IN TRANSLATION!

When I was doing a Blogaround earlier and dropped into TIME AND A WORD, MS had put a poem on his blog written in Spanish. I really wanted to know what it said so did a quick Google and found a couple of translation sites. I pasted the words in and waited for the translation. Now considering that it's a computer programme translating; although I could tell it wasn't perfect I think I got the gist of what the poem was trying to say. I wondered if it would be an idea to pop a translation link on my site in case any non English speaking visitors dropped by. I thought I'd better do a little check first to see how efficient it would be so I copied my THE FACE THAT MUNCHED A THOUSAND CHIPS post from A Million Stories; pasted it in and translated it into Spanish. Then I copied the translation and retranslated it back into English. Quite possibly it was the double translation that messed the meaning up and I won't bore you with the WHOLE text but to give you an idea; my words
I guess the CHIP URGE had got Mick too.

became
I conjecture that the IMPULSE of the SHAVING had obtained Mick also. (on one site)
and
I guess that the IMPULSE of the TABLET had obtained Mick also. (on the other)

I can see the logic there but think I'll give the translation link a miss. I'd hate to get arrested for husband abuse; feeding my poor hubby sausagemeat pie and shavings or tablets!!

So if you have dropped by and don't understand a word of my blog:

  • je suis désolé.......................(managed this one myself)
  • ich bin taurig........................(and this)
  • я огорченн
  • 我抱歉
  • λυπάμαι
  • 私は残念である
  • eu sou pesaroso
  • ik ben droevig

I hope that covers most of you and I so hope that little BABEL FISH hasn't sworn at anyone!!!!!!!!

No comments:

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw