Tuesday 19 December 2006

OH WHAT A PICTURE!

What a sight for any neighbour looking out of their bedroom window this morning! I had noticed that the pond pump had stopped so I was out in the garden (7.30am please note the temperature) crouched by the pond, bum in the air, hands plunged in the icy water; fully attired in pyjamas, dressing gown and WOOLLY HAT!!!
Then I decided that I may as well get one of the cloches over from the garage. Mick made these for protecting garden plants in the early spring but they are also very handy for given the pond a little protection from the cold and stop the water from freezing. So off I traipsed over to the garage (which is situated ACROSS the road from our house) still dressed in night clothes and woolly hat. Now please can someone tell me WHY at 7.45am on a freezing cold December morning practically EVERY NEIGHBOUR in our street had decided to go out!!!!!!! How embarrassing.........that's my "street cred" another couple of notches lower..........

Isn't it wonderful that despite cold, rain, wind and anything the elements throw at them that the spiders still manage to weave their webs. A lesson in determination for us all!
I don't usually post jokes on my blog.....I'd never be able to compete with the ones on Jen and Cazz'z Blog...........but this one caught my eye as it is gardening related.




An old man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his vegetable garden but it was too difficult for him as the ground was so hard. His only son, Noel, was in prison and so could not help. The old man wrote a letter to Noel explaining his predicament.

Dear Noel,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to grow any vegetables this year. I'm getting too old to do all that digging. If only you were here my troubles would be over as I know you would dig the plot for me. I would hire someone to help me but I'm very short of money.
Love,
Dad

A few days later the old man received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
Whatever you do DON'T dig the vegetable plot. That's where I buried the bodies.
Love,
Noel




At 4am the next morning the police arrived and dug up the entire plot but could not find any bodies. They apologised to the old man and left. The next day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
You'll be able to go ahead and plant the vegetables now. That was the best I could do under the circumstances. I hope it helped.
Love,
Noel

Myspace LayoutsMyspace LayoutsMyspace LayoutsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts

2 comments:

Peaceful/Paisible said...

ah Ruth that story is really good, make me laugh, so now with your visits, your nice words, and your story I feel so much better...
"The loneliest woman in the world is a woman without a close woman friend.
George Santayana" and now I have friends...
love from Mousie

Libbys Blog said...

I loved your joke it did make me laugh!!
We had the same cobwebs as well, I think until the frost comes we don't really notice them!!!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw