Friday 8 December 2006

AN ONION BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL AN ALLIUM

Remember the pickled onions I did a while back. Well they are coming on a treat; as is the Sloe Gin. I'll give the gin another week and then strain it. Of course Mick and I will have to have a little taster - can't put it out for public consumption unless we are SURE it's tasty.

Now as I may have mentioned before (have I?), onions are part of the Allium family. As a reminder this is what the alliums in our garden looked like this year.
As the flowers die off they leave the most spectacular seed heads. I kept these, hung them up to dry and have now sprayed them silver. Don't they make a lovely Christmassy arrangement?



You'll be pleased to know that I have managed to sort the bedrooms out ready for Leanne and co on Saturday. I must admit it was a One o'clock in the morning job!!!!
Notice how I've printed these pictures smaller; so you can't use them in a "SPOT THE COBWEB" competition!!!

I had intended to cook a cake today but as it's the School Christmas Fayre tonight I have given Manda some money so she can buy one off of the cake stall. It will help school funds AND save me some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://gledwood.tripod.com/blog
Dear Ruth
Thanks for the answer you left on mine. I hope your Mick is doing well. I did reply to your comment on my blog not realizing it would not get sent back to you (I can be very slow... well I'm new to this, that is my excuse!) I've got rid of my white background and tried to make it look nicer. I wanted to build up a resource library for anyone researching addictions because I don't think the best info is always that easy to find...
Have an excellent Christmas and a charming new year, I wish you all the best and lots of love,
Gleds xx

Claire said...

Hey me again! I am also a midnight cleaner, the rooms look good to me.
The dried flower decorations look great!
Claire

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw