Friday 2 March 2007

THINGS ARE STARTING TO MOVE!


Now I realise that as Spring approaches we are all going to be ultra busy in the garden and with our Spring Cleaning (ha ha). These long leisurely cuppas are going to have to be put on hold for a while. It's going to be a case of a quick flit in and out and maybe a comment if you've time....it's OK I understand...I'm a gardener too remember! I have also got to curb my desire to photograph every single plant that starts shooting up.............everything's on the move now and we would be here all night! So I will TRY to only publish photos of plants; only as they come into flower; anything that's new to me or anything I think is unusual or particularly interesting. Now remember I did say "TRY" so forgive me if the odd little "shooting" photo turns up now and again.

I'd already taken a photo of this Toad Lily coming through so this doesn't count
and neither does this Wild Garlic. OK I know some people think of it as a weed but we seem to have it under control and it's great to cook with besides having very pretty flowers.
I do so love crocus when they open their flowers to the sun
and who could resist Anemone Blanda in flower
This is a job I must do; the Epymidium leaves need cutting off. If I leave them too long I'll risk cutting off the flower stems too; and these old leaves will start to look tatty soon.Look you can see the flower buds are starting to emerge!
The Fritillaria Persica buds are already stating to form!!!....since yesterday!

And just spotted the white Dicentra is coming through at last.

See!....now wasn't I good. I didn't photograph the phlox, the dog's tooth violets, the aconitum, the delphiniums, the...............

Oh... just one more thing; the Rincinus seeds, that Libby sent me, are now in soak.
Oh and there's more...this evening I read for the first time a blog by a lady called Olive......she is 107 years old! What an inspiraion to us all. To see for yourself click HERE.

4 comments:

talj said...

107 year old blogger?! Wow! Love the developments in the garden. You are like my little online garden, its great! :o)

CG said...

i was down by the pond today thinking that the weeds are starting to grow. I'd rather garden than do housework though. Am getting my hawthorn hedge trimmed soon. I love spring!! Thanks for the garden tour :)

Jeanette said...

Gday Ruth
Love all your photo's of your plants there littles heads breaking through the soil.im off to visit Olive.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

We worked in our garden this weekend, it is so relaxing even if it leads to sore muscles with our hill and my love of zigzagging from one thing to another. Loved your photos.

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw