Thursday 14 June 2007

8 RANDOM FACTS

Shaz has tagged me for “8 Random Facts About Myself”.
I know I did one once "6 Weird Things About Me" so I'll have to make sure I don't duplicate those answers.
The rules are as follows:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


MY 8 RANDOM FACTS

  1. I was an extra in the remake of The Big Sleep and met Robert Mitchum and Sir John Mills.....the bit I was in was cut before it hit the big screen.

  2. I took my G.C.E. O Levels in English Language and English Literature when I was 14...got an A in both.....exams must have been easier in those days!

  3. I weighed 10lb 13ozs at birth...haven't stopped putting on weight since!

  4. One of my ex boyfriends (when I was 16) is now the Presiding Bishop of the Southern Cone & Bishop of Argentina ...in fact my Dad wanted to throw him out of the house because he had long hair and played a guitar.

  5. In the mid seventies, when I lived in Ramsgate, I was asked to consider being a candidate in the local by-elections; I declined due to family commitments.

  6. Most of my friends at junior school (in Singapore) wanted to be air hostesses or ballet dancers....I wanted to be a Doctor.

  7. I don't find clowns funny....I find them scary!

  8. I can't drive...I took lessons in 1969 and was due to take my test when my first child was born...never got around to trying again.

Now for the tagging bit.....to the following eight...this is not compulsory,,,if you don't "do" tagging or you haven't the time......DON'T WORRY!

Allotment Lady

Mrs Nesbitt

Libby

UKBOB

Blue

Gene

Claire (when she's back online)

Doc


Now all I have to do is go and tell them the bad wonderful news that they've been tagged.

13 comments:

Shaz said...

What an interesting life you have had Ruth. I tell both my girls they have already sat their driving test . . Georgie at 8 months gestation & we failed, Fran at 2 months & we passed . . . lol

talj said...

Wow what a coincidence! I too weighed 10lbs 13ozs when I was born!!! My poor mother was in labor (labour?) for 3 days before forceps were used and I appeared covered in bruises and with my first black eye!

Great answers Ruth :o) {{HUGS}}

mrsnesbitt said...

OK.....................................sorted!

LOL!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Good to read more about you!

You have some things in common with my mum :@}

she can't drive either, and she did her O level English early and got an A. She was a big baby too- but 9lb, not 10..... says that that is the 9lb she can never lose...

Gledwood said...

Hi Ruth I've still yet to work out how to copy that blogging medallion ... if I don't manage to copy it, I'll just post my list up without it tomorrow - they won't mind will they?

Wow would you have been an MP or a councellor... how do you spell that word? counsellor means someone who listens to your probs doesn't it? And has 2 Ls in British English "counselor" in America
councillor
- hey I think I just got that right ..!

Doc said...

Hi Ruth

I'll pass, if you don't mind but I'll still be around the place 8-)

Regards, Doc ;-)

Martie said...

Great post, Ruth. It's always nice to find a little more out about the people in blogland!

You've had some very exciting things in your life...I'm afraid I'm much duller than you!

Merle said...

Hi Ruth ~~ Great answers to the 8
Random Facts. Your life has been interesting- thanks for sharing.
Many thanks for understanding about the Thinking Award thing, and also for the very kind words you said
about me. You are a kind lady, and I guess your experiences in life have made you that way. Take care,
Love, Merle.

Akelamalu said...

Great to read more about you Ruth. What a shame your appearance ended up on the cutting room floor - how very dare they!

CG said...

Your facts were much more interesting than mine!!! Nice to know more about you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth - Sorry that I am unable to do your tag.

I get some many requests almost on a weekly basis that I decided rather than risk upsetting anyone - I would not do any.

It was a nice compliment to be asked and loved reading yours

jmb said...

Interesting lot of facts there. You should remedy the no driving thing. I have a couple of friends who didn't learn to drive and when left widowed were in very bad shape because they couldn't drive. I have cataracts and dread losing my license, so am balancing when I should have the surgery (as lated as possible) without losing the license.
regards
jmb

dot said...

Ruth, I enjoyed learning more about you. I've always known you were no "ordinary" person.

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw