Wednesday 27 June 2007

FIVE THINGS

Shaz on her Us Danes Meme Page has tagged me for this meme;


INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:


1. Daddy Forever
2. The Ice Box
3. The Buzz Queen
4. Us Danes & Our Family
5. Me, My, Life, My Garden

Next select five people to tag:
1. Leanne...(good practice for learning to link...I'll show you how on Thursday)
2. Audrey
3. Julie(CG)
4. Denise (a busy week I know but maybe you could do it next week?)
5. Gledwood

Then answer the following questions: (Read on for my answers)

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Working as Company Secretary and Book-keeper for a Packaging company. Blissfully happy with my wonderful hubby and becoming a fanatical gardener.


What were you doing 1 year ago?

Caring for my darling hubby and dreading what tomorrow may bring.


Five snacks you enjoy:

Pickled onion Monster Munch

Sardines on toast

Pretzels

Frazzles

Pickled anchovies


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

Hello..Lionel Richie

I am the walrus..The Beatles

Bird on the wire..Leonard Cohen

The sisters of mercy..Leonard Cohen

Jerusalem..William Blake




Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

Make sure the Team Smarties reach their £5000 target

Help the kids and a few blogpals realise their dreams

Buy a country cottage

Start up my own garden centre (profits to charity)

Learn to drive


Five bad habits:

Smoking before meals

Smoking after meals

Smoking between meals

Snacking (see above)

Falling asleep while watching a film


Five things you like doing:

Gardening

Playing cards

Cooking

Doing cryptic crossword

Blogging


Five things you would never wear again:

Bikini

Hotpants

Shell suit

Mini skirt

Thong


Five favourite toys:

Computer

Digital Camera

Mandolin slicer

Electric whisk

Cigarette rolling machine

*************************************************************

Before I end this post....there has been serious flooding to many parts of England particulary parts of Yorkshire.....my thoughts go out to those who have suffered loss.

13 comments:

Mauigirl said...

How funny, you were tagged with the same meme I was, from someone totally different. Mine had 5 things you had to answer for each question, otherwise the same. Lucky I didn't tag you with it since I hadn't already read your blog today!

Mauigirl said...

Actually they're almost identical. It's just the first question that didn't have the five things I guess.

Berni said...

I never know which blog to post on when I want to reply to you. You are a busy lady.

Ten years ago I was
Working two jobs
Raising 3 teenage boys
Getting a divorce
Trying to make ends meet
Think life was better now

talj said...

Great post Ruth! :o) {{{HUGS}}} xx

dot said...

Ruth, it was fun reading those things about you. I'm wondering about some of those snacks though. frazzle? and pickled onion monster munch? what in the world?

RUTH said...

Maugirl; I probably should have put five things for the first 2 but my memory is so bad these days!...LOL
Viv; that must have been hard..I was in a similar position 20+ years ago.
Talj; {hugs}
Dot; monster munch are a corn snack that come in the shape of a monster's paw, with four fingers and a hole in the hand. Frazzles are bacon flavoured corn crisps styled as rashers of bacon.

Unknown said...

Well I never !

Shaz said...

Excellent answers Ruth. I'd forgotten how bad shell suits were . . .lol

Akelamalu said...

Haha Shaz tagged me too.

Great answers Ruth. :)

Auntie Noo said...

How strange - I never had you down as a smoker!!!!!

If you want to give poppy seeds a go send me an email with your address to the email on right hand side of my blog page!

RUTH said...

auntie noo; alas I have now admitted my vice to blog world. I didn't start smoking until I was 27 and I blame it on my mother! I had a lot of sinus trouble and she said have a Consulate (menthol) cigarette and so started my spiral downwards to my nicotine habit.I assure you though that my blog is a smoke free zone...LOL
Rx

CG said...

Sounds like a fun tag, will have a go!! Lovely to know more about you!!

mrsnesbitt said...

Ruth remind me about this...I have a brain like a seive, I would love to do it!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw