Monday 27 November 2006

BERRY CHRISTMAS!

It's an old adage but the mysterious THEY; who so often quote these things, say "Lots of berries on the trees means a bad winter". When we've been out and about I have noticed that there are berries galore on many shrubs and trees. Even in our garden the few berrying plants we have are showing a plethora of berries.















I don't know if this really means that it will be a bad winter. I wonder whether it is because;

We had a sunny, warm spring and summer with very little rain. This meant more flowers, more insects to pollinate and (due to the lack of rain) more stress on the plants thereby making them feel under threat and so they were intent on reproducing.

We did a little more shed sorting this morning - Yes I've found the fishing net!- and as I had my camera out there with me took a few photos of some of the plants that I know we have not had flowering before at this time of year. (Not very good quality; I forgot to change my camera setting)



















I must admit I didn't like the look of all the flies over the Fatsia blooms but I guess because of the mild weather even the flies have not gone to - Where do flies go in the winter?????????.............................



A quick message to Analia. I would love to come and do some gardening for you. Maybe Mick and I could be beamed over as in Star Trek. What an adventure that would be! Also (visit Analia's blog to understand this) that song is still going round and round in my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw