Sunday 12 November 2006

WHAT THE ...................... WAS THAT!

There we were yesterday afternoon. Mick having a doze and me having a blog; when all of a sudden there was the most tremendous bang on the back window. I jumped - even Mick jumped - and I raced to the window to see what it was. I assumed that one of the local children had kicked a football over the fence. But No; it was a HAWK. It had flown into the window. I raced out into the garden and was happy to see that it was ok as it flew up and sat on the back fence. I raced back in and got my camera - distance photography is not great with it but I did my best and just managed to snap this photo before it flew away.





It wasn't until some time later that I realised that the poor thing had actually left an imprint on the window. It must have really been flying at a fast rate to have done that. I do hope it is well and happy flying around somewhere and has suffered no after effects.
I must add that my recognition of birds of prey is not that good. If any of you know better and can reconise exactly what sort of bird it was please leave a comment.

5 comments:

Elsie said...

Great picture, Ruth. It happened once or twice here at my house also with the doves.

The imprint looks rather like a "snow-angel", why not leave it on the window for a while longer as part of the Christmas "feeling"?

Stay well

Anonymous said...

There is something you don't see everyday...

I hope the bird is ok

Anonymous said...

how extraordinary!!! mick and Ruth having a magic visit...he knew you were special people...!...
he looks quite ok on the photo...
see you too...
love from Mousie

goatman said...

Do you have eagles in England? I say that only because the bird appears to have fluf or feathers on his legs, similar to an eagle, which hawks do not have. We have many eagles in central US since we have heavy fines for people doing harm to them.

It looks like you trim your mums during the summer to maximize flowering?
Peace

RUTH said...

Thanks all. Goatman we do have eagles in England but this was far too small Maybe the ruffled feathers were from its accident I do not trim my chrysanths they are a dwarf variety and produce many buds

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw