Sunday 19 November 2006

EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY


Finally remembered to take an up to date photo of Lynn and Steve.


What a really enjoyable family weekend. Lynn and Steve as promised popped to Tecos (Steve did have his Full English first) and by a unanimous vote we decided to have Shoulder of Lamb for dinner. Now when Lynn goes shopping for the odd item or two it's surprising how many carrier bags she comes back with. Always loads of goodies for her Dad and I!



Leanne, Kirsty and Mel came over after lunch so Max had plenty of attention. We sat watching an old video of Phil, Kirsty and Mel when they were babies and toddlers. What memories! and plenty of giggles at some of their antics.



After Leanne and co left we settled down to that lovely roast lamb. Lynn had also bought a box of red wine. Not sure what happened to the wine though. When I looked this morning the box was empty! As Steve only had a glass or two (he was mainly drinking beer) and Lynn and I were the only other two people drinking it, I really can't understand where it all went! I mean, Lynn and I couldn't have drunk two and a half litres could we? I have a horrible feeling that some burglar crept into the house last night, knocked Lynn and I unconscious and stole the wine. Curiously enough,we did both have a bit of a head this morning.
Steve's after dinner nap (sound effects not included).

During the evening Manda, Chris and Nicole came round. Steve, unfortunately, was too full from dinner to eat any peach upside cake but I am happy to say that Manda and co willingly helped us out and it all got eaten. We had a lovely evening; we girls watched XFactor; the men pretended not to watch XFactor and we had plenty of laughs. It must have been midnight before we called it a night.
This morning after breakfast we had a good walk, watching a little of the football game at the local rec, and wearing Max out before his car journey home.
Before Steve and Lynn went I thought I'd ask Steve if he could see where I was going wrong trying to put photos from the computer on to a DVD to watch on our DVD player. I have been trying to do this for months. I must have bought every sort of DVD (-RW, +RW etc etc) and although I seem to be able to get them on to a disc they won't play on the DVD player. I went through all that I do and put the disc into the player so that Steve could see that it just didnt work. Well guess what, IT WORKED! I did nothing different to anything I've usually done! How come it suddenly worked? Don't ask me! Unless, maybe, that mysterious wine thief was a bit of a computer expert and put it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




This album is powered by
BubbleShare
-

1 comment:

Christina S said...

I'm glad you've also encountered the mysterious wine thief, Ruth. Now I know it's not just my house he visits. Obviously at large in the area!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw