Friday 10 November 2006

BITS 'N PIECES

No I don't mean the old Dave Clark 5 song ( showing my age there!). Just a collection of bits and pieces that have happened over the last couple of days.

This morning we received our FIRST Christmas card. I am not ready for Christmas yet! I must start getting myself organised. I am a great LIST maker so soon there will be bits of paper all over the place; presents to buy lists, presents still to wrap lists, card lists, cards to post lists, shopping lists, cook before Christmas lists.......................probably even a list of lists!
The flowers Sue and Tom bought us for our anniversary are opening beautifully and the Lava Lamp is working well. It looks lovely in the evening when we turn the lights down low.
The Christmas Cactus has started flowering. Yet another reminder that Christmas is on its way.
The butterflies are STILL about and feeding merrily as though it were the middle of summer. They are really doing a good job of posing for the camera!
The geese know it is time to fly away to somewhere warmer. The noise they made when they flew overhead this morning!
I had written on my other blog about Mick watching the 1966 World Cup and this morning one of our neighbours was scraping the ice off his car with a 66 world cup t-shirt on!

Nicole has made bread rolls at school and brought one round for us to taste. The recipe sounds very similar to Elsie's salt dough (no yeast in it) so I am wondering if I should varnish it and save it for posterity.


2 comments:

Elsie said...

Hi Ruth
Hopefully the bread roll recipe does not contain that much salt but I think Nicole will not be too pleased if you do save the bread roll for posterity. (but also a good idea for yet another "item" to fill the baskets with.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog, I enjoy them so much.

Once again, great photos of your plants. The Christmas cactus is beautiful.

Stay well

RUTH said...

When Nicole explained her recipe she said flour, salt and water. We did eat it and Elsie you are right there was definitely NOT the amount of salt as in your salt dough recipe. Glad you like the cactus
Rx

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw