Saturday 11 November 2006

POPPY DAY




Today is Remembrance day in Britain and at "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" much of Britain will come to a standstill for the 2 minutes silence. Tomorrow we will watch the Remembrance Sunday programme on TV from the Cenotaph. No matter what your feelings are about war, or whose side you were on in times of conflict, I cant imagine anyone could watch the march past of the veterans without a tear in their eye. Each one of them and those that they remember were someones son or daughter, husband or wife, brother or sister........................................................

Please click and read In Flanders Field

For Rose

1 comment:

talj said...

Dear Ruth, I have been browsing through your older posts on your blog and had to stop here. On this day, shortly before noon, I received the message telling me Rose was gone. I have always been moved by the remembrance day services but this day was all about Rose.

I had a message from Andrew early in the morning and knew that Rose would probably not make it through the day. At 11am I joined the country in two minutes silences, thoughts of Andrew, Rose, Steve and the family filling my head and tears rolling down my cheeks. A very, very sad day. From now on my 2 minutes silences on the 11th November will always be for Rose.

Love to you and {{{BIG CUDDLES}}} xxx

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw