Saturday 15 September 2007

DOING THINGS THE "WRITE" WAY

I'm just taking a short lunchbreak from the sun lounger (glorious weather today) and Silas Marner.....(have just ploughed through the Introduction!) and decided I start SOME of my blog visiting. So much to catch up on!
With "authors" and "books" in my mind it made me realise that we Bloggers are all writers/authors in our own way. Some like David McMahon have even had books published. He has recently started a daily post on tips for writers, called `Telling Write From Wrong'. He is hoping for this to become a central point for writers of any description, any nationality, any age and any interest, to get honest advice from an experienced writer. They can leave their questions as comments - and he will answer them.
Isn't the Blogging Community wonderful.....always ready to share their experiences and knowledge!

“Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves,
or we know where we can find information upon it.”
~Samuel Johnson~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - they are brilliant

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being in the top 50 bloggers!

Annie said...

It's true, Ruth, blogging has made so many of us feel really a part of a larger community.

I once had a friend named Mary and she always said "eat, drink and make Mary". She was a little wild and a lot of fun. Anyway, it was in her honor that I wrote "make" instead of "be".

What a wonderful way to spend some time in lovely weather, on a lounge chair with an entrancing sotry.

RUTH said...

Gosh Jaquie didn't know I was! :o)

Tom said...

I am quite new to this blogging lark, but must admit to being hooked on it. the friendlyness is amazing, I have spent some time on forums, mostly to do with my land rovers but they did not have this friendlyness that bloggers have. The other thing I ilke doing is helping others, I get a big buzz from that. So if anyone reading this thinks I could be of help in any way... you know where to find me.

Anonymous said...

Well actuallyyou are 29th in Aussiejourno's Weekly Blog Awards

Whyite said...

Very True Ruth. Blogging about your passion is only half to a blog. The other half is being a part of the community.

Shaz said...

Excellent post Ruth & so pleased you took the plunge to enrol on the course, I'm sure it will be good winter fodder or blogging ideas too x

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw