Friday 7 September 2007

USING UP MORE LEFTOVERS

I've been raiding the garage today; as Mick was a Painter and Decorator by trade there are quite a few part used tubs and cans of white matt emulsion in there. I really want to get the front room decorated BEFORE I start on the course....so I've been stirring and mixing all the leftovers together. I THINK I may have enough to put a few coats on the three walls that I want to paint....I'm leaving the paper on the chimney breast wall for now. Stark white isn't really what I'd intended for the walls but at least it will brighten the room up a bit (and I can always give it a colour wash or repaint next year when hopefully I'll be in a better position financially). I'm going to have to pile all the furniture in the centre of the room and take down the curtains etc. etc.......... Unless I want to go tripping over wires and risk spilling paint all over the place I'm going to have to disconnect the computer for a few days and of course that means

no blogging

I think there's hardly a day gone past over the last year when I haven't done a post on at least one of my blogs......I wonder if I'll get the heebie-jeebies and terrible withdrawal symptoms?????????? And how am I going to cope not knowing what all my blogpals have been up to??????? And can you imagine how long it's going to take me to catch up with all of your posts!!!!!!!


19 comments:

Chrissie said...

Good luck to you, Ruth :-)

CG said...

Hope it all goes well!! Missing you already!!

Jean said...

What a great incentive to get that painting done!! Hurry back!

Jon said...

Ruth, Wish I had your energy to do some sorely needed painting at my house! Nothing like a fresh coat of paint to freshen and brighten things up. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog and your kind comments...sorry I wasn't at home to invite you in for a spot of tea!
Best regards, Jon on 9-7-07
http://mississippigarden.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Have great fun painting - what a great achievement when you have finished it

I, for one, will miss my daily Ruth fix and will look forward to your return and catching up with all your news.
xxx

Peaceful/Paisible said...

Work well sweetheart...I do send you all the courage you need...you should call the team of the TV show: Life laundry !!!...difficult to sort out things and memories as well...i send you all my love...have a good night
Mousie

Shaz said...

I got the heebie-jeebie's thinking about it, then I remembered I'll be away all next week and sighed a big sigh . . .lol. Wont be much to catch up on from us! Go do it now beore you get the shakes . . . .lol

dot said...

Ruth, you better not do this with out some nerve medicine. You are definately going to get the shakes. lol. Will miss you!

jmb said...

Good luck with your painting. You'll be glad you did it when you see how great it looks.
regards
jmb

mrsnesbitt said...

Good Luck Ruth! A good idea!

Dxxx

Akelamalu said...

Hope the decorating goes well Ruth and yes you will miss blogging it's like giving up smoking - believe me!

Audrey said...

Good luck with the painting Ruth, be great when its finished Im sure..a great sense of achievement xx Auds. Remember to reward yourself some self pampering to finish it off x

Gledwood said...

hi Ruth I can't stop long as I'm up in Scotland grouse shooting with the rels... the Marquess of Bath just lent me his Blackberry to type this up...
cheerio and have a pleasant weekend!

Jeanette said...

Hurry up and get that painting done Ruth, Missing you heaps already...

Katya said...

Wow! You are being industrious!! Best wishes on getting the job done quickly! Paint is such a great medium, because it makes INSTANT change!
Have some fun painting and hurry! We will be missing your posts!!!!

Carver said...

Hi Ruth,

A couple of your friends mentioned your garden so I came to take a look (JMB and Gledwood). I looked through some back posts and found your 2006 album of your garden through the year. Gorgeous! I love what you have done with your garden. I envy you what you have accomplished in a fairly small space. I'm in the U.S. but I've thought at times that I'd like to emulate the European cottage garden style since I tend to mix up my flower and vegetable garden. Lately I've been getting pretty wild and unruly with my garden but I appreciate a well kept garden like yours.

I need to put a no blogging sign on my computer and do some painting or even just clean up from time to time. Ha. Good luck with your painting. Take care, Carver

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Good luk, Ruth! Don't fall over the wires! Lookin forward to seein yu bak soon :@}

Mauigirl said...

Goodness, it will be us who have withdrawal if you aren't blogging every day!

Michelle said...

Ruth~We miss you already! Hope all goes well with the painting. It's very refreshing, both visually and mentally! You'll be so glad when you're done! Hurry back soon!! :)

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw