Monday 12 February 2007

GONE TO POT!

It promises to be a fine day to day so I think that I will have to do something about the plastic cover on our greenhouse. We've had it for quite a few years now and the winds of a few weeks ago have really ripped it.

The sweet peas I sowed are starting to come up and I really need to get them off of the warm window sill and out into the greenhouse. I don't want them getting too leggy and we have no severe weather forecast at the moment so I want to get them toughened up.


As I was uploading the previous photos the skies blackened and it's now pouring down with rain so that's my plans up the spout. The strange thing is....as it started raining I heard the crash of mail on the doormat. More junk mail and bills I thought.............but I had a nice surprise as in with the mail was a card from Libby....she had emailed me the other day to see if I'd be interest in some Castor Oil Plant (Rincinus Carmencita) seed.

a nice surpriseAnd here they are...what a pretty little card too.


And excellent growing instructions and "poisonous" warning. I'll get these into soak and shall look forward hopefully to some success as I've never grown it before.

I too could have a plant like this

13 comments:

Jackie said...

I think I miss sweet peas most of all now I have retired and moved into an apartment with no garden to grow them in. For some unknown reason you can never buy them in flower shops here so if you don't grow them you cannot get them at all, very sad.

Yes that is a very pretty card.

Thanks for the visit. I am also growing ginger. It's in a pot and even if it doesn't work out it has made quite an interesting pot plant.

Gledwood said...

Hi Ruth: weekend over & I've got out of bed! Life goes on!! Thanxx 4 your message ...

Gledwoodxx

btw: wow that's a lot of blogs you're shoring up about you ... FIVE?? I shall have a good look thru the new 'uns a little later.

RUTH said...

Jackie....there are some dwarf types for hanging baskets; I wonder if you culd use them as a house plant.
GW; well done...hope you're feeling better. Re; the blogs....too many sleepless nights.....and you know what they say "idle hands do the Blog's work".....lol

Libbys Blog said...

My goodness are you starting to grow the red castor oil plant now??? Is it not a bit early?? I couldn't decide!!

RUTH said...

Libby; sorry I worded that wrongly..I didn't mean immediately..I'll probably wait a week or so....really looking forward to trying them.

talj said...

I dont know how you keep up with all the different things you have growing!!! :o)

Women on the Verge said...

We tried a castor bean plant without much luck... it sprouted, but never did much beyond that. I'll be watching to see what kind of luck you have... maybe we'll have another go at it :-)


E

RUTH said...

talj; thanks for all the comments on all my blogs.
E; let me know if you do...it will be interesting to see how the plants grow in different parts of the world. We could start a new theme "Castor Bean Growers Of The World Unite"....lol

Elsie said...

It has been a while since my last visit and I have only now seen all your lovely snow pics.

Marshmallows contain no fat,(I have heard that somewhere...) so tuck in and enjoy.

Stay well

Lcxxx

RUTH said...

Oh I never thought of that Elsie...will certainly make some now!

Jeanette said...

Hi Ruth
Looking forward to watching your sweet peas grow thry are so fragile looking and plenty of pastle colours

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and what a nice surprise

Libbys Blog said...

Hope you are both OK!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw