Tuesday 6 February 2007

ORANGE.COME

clear skies, bright moon

It was an exceptionally clear night last night and very cold.










cold cocoaBy this morning that lovely chocolate covered cocoa shell was covered with a sheet of white frost.











Excitement on the Pip Challenge front;....they say patience is a virtue and look what I've spotted today........orange seedlings



orange dream

Now I very much doubt if I'll ever get a tree like this; but it's going to be interesting to see if I do mange to get a decent sized plant over the course of time.



And maybe one day................squeeze me

The freebie grass seedlings I found the other day and potted up have really taken off. Two are Stipas and one I think could be Fescue. I've got them inside at the moment to give them a head start but will have to harden them off and get them outside once they've filled the pots with a little more root.
freebie grasses

6 comments:

talj said...

way to go with the pip challenge! what a lovely colour blue the sky is in your picture! Have a nice day x

Women on the Verge said...

I actually did this several years ago! And I did manage to get quite a nice little plant out of it. Sadly, the cats liked it too... sigh.

E

Libbys Blog said...

Now look at that!! See your orange pip grew and mine didn't!! Well done, I look forward to watching it grow bigger and bigger!!!

Pat said...

Ohh, Ruth, it's so nice to see plants sprouting out of the ground. It will be awhile before that happens over here I'm afraid.

We've got about a foot or more of snow out in the garden!

RUTH said...

Thanks all; luckily for my orange seedlings I don't have a cat!!
Oh Pat how jealous my grandchildren will be to hear of your snow!!

Claire said...

Woo Hoo on the pip!!
I need an orange now, to make me feel better!
Herbs a doing well, bar one! just one problem cant remember what was what in the pots!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw