Saturday 17 February 2007

MADE A PILE!

Our beautiful early morning sky

Oh I like my new carpet shampooer;

before





after



You should have seen the colour of the water!....if there's a colour darker than black...well that was the colour;and the pile seems all "springy" now, bet I'll find it harder to push the hoist over it.



This is a photo of it having a little rest after all it's hard work while the rollers dry out.









In celebration of my delight in my new toys I finally sorted that cupboard out





Plenty of floor space for my new vacuum now!















After all my hard work I thought I deserved a stroll round the garden. I always mulch my Peonys up in Autumn but make sure I scrape the mulch away in the Spring as they don't like to be buried too deep.









Little red shoots pushing through already. If we have a very dry Spring I'll pop a gallon of water on them every now and again. Peony flower buds are inclined not to swell and bloom if they get too thirsty early in the season.


I always think that it's a shame that snowdrops droop their heads so much; you really have to get down on your knees to appreciate the beauty of their flowers.

Oh-er! Did you hear my knees creak as I got up! And that "Ugh" sound that suddenly appeared when I was in my thirties is definitely getting LOUDER!

4 comments:

Elsie said...

The carpets really look like new.
Wonderful what a new vacuum cleaner can do, too
The new recipe is on the blog, had some trouble last night with the internet.

Stay well

Lcxxx

Jeanette said...

Hi Ruth
Great job done by new cleaner they come up like new.
yep know that problem when you get down on your knees every bone sounds like they need oiling. ill take a photo of mine when next they flower but im not getting down on my knees lol.

talj said...

wow! look at that carpet! thats amazing! Lovely sky this morning too :o)

Libbys Blog said...

That carpet cleaner seems to do the business!! I have never really liked begonias!!! But I must admit your display impressed me imensely!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw