Tuesday 13 February 2007

PUTTING OFF TILL TOMORROW

We had a lovely trip into town today; it takes being confined to the house so much to make you appreciate the things that once would bug you, and also I find myself really looking at things and noticing all my surroundings much more than I used to.

One thing I'm glad I spotted as I pushed Mick up the garden path was the first crocuses showing their buds







This one is going to be a beautiful colour. I'm not sure if it's happened in years gone by...I guess I never took as much notice...but all the purple crocus seem to be ahead of the yellow ones. They are not even showing a bud yet.......this time of year though the garden starts to speed up ever so slightly so I doubt if they'll be far behind.


Of course because we went to town it means I've still not mended the little plastic greenhouse cover so I guess the Sweet Peas will have to spend a couple of more nights inside until I harden them off....and it wasn't until I was searching for my shopping bags that I realised what a "TIP" the cupboard under the stairs had become.












I really must get that sorted out or I'll never find all our gardening feeds etc when I need them...or the potatoes in the vegetable rack. Talking of potatoes...as much as I'd like the room to grow our own crop...not just the few earlys we do in an old compost bag......I've noticed how small the King Edwards seem to be in the shops (an effect of the long dry summer last year I assume). The other day I ordered some Rooster potatoes when doing my online Tesco shop and they are a really good size and seem to roast really well.

The red potato is the Rooster and the other is my LARGEST King Edward....quite a difference.






Oh and before I sign off...don't forget to visit my Ruth's Shoots blog if you've any gardening tips to share.

2 comments:

talj said...

No gardening tips from me I am afraid Ruth, I only have one plant in my flat!!! Lovely photos and so pleased you had a nice day :o)

Auntie Noo said...

How strange - all my yellow crocuses have been out for about 10 days, but no signs of the blue ones!!

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw