Thursday 1 February 2007

NEARLY FORGOT

In all the excitement of finding those freebies yesterday I forgot to tell you that I'd sown the sweet peas. I usually do them in the Autumn and pop them in the cold frame...(a square of bricks with a bit of glass over) and by now would have some nice stocky plants. However last year I forgot all about it. The seed I've got is quite old and so I soaked them to see if they seem viable. It looked like they had started to split so I'm hoping that they will germinate ok. I hadn't even collected any empty toilet roll tubes to sow them in so have used a module tray. I had a couple of modules going spare so thought I start using the match book type seeds that I got as my Christmas Tree present.
The idea of Alpine Strawberries appealed to me so I'm trying them.The finished article looks a bit boring so thought I'd take the photo with some snowdrops in the background.
And as I'm telling you about a job I did yesterday I may as well show you the beautiful sunset we had last night



And this morning the sun had started to creep even further down the garden.
So I'm not sitting here I've a garden to walk round.

4 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

I never even soaked my sweetpea seeds! I didn't know you had too!!! Ah well they have 2 chances!! Beautiful sky photos!

RUTH said...

I don't normally and they've always germinated; it was only because they were old seed. Some people rub theirs with sandpaper to break the coating.

Elsie said...

You had me worried there for a moment, Ruth.
I was busy writing the new post when I received your e-mail in my personal inbox. It seems you can view everything ok now.

Also the e-mail link from the blog is working, I received that one also.

Even the copy and paste problem Lottie had the other night, is working fine from my side.

Maybe Blogger's little devils is out and about again, because I also had trouble when I wanted to leave a comment earlier.

Thanks for letting me about this.

talj said...

Beautiful images Ruth! :o) Hope you have some luck with all your seeds :o)

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw