Thursday 8 February 2007

SNOW NOW


The garden looks so different under its blanket of snow; I don't think we will get much more but I will keep an eye open that the snow doesn't weigh down the branches of Mick's Rhododendron; if it does I'll knock some of the snow off....it's a very special plant to us and is Mick's "baby".








snug as a bug in the ivy


I hope all the ladybirds and other beneficial insects are keeping snug and warm in the ivy on the fence!












summer flowers on a winters day
I love the fact that we have summer flowering Busy Lizzies and Begonias in bloom on the windowsill; with the snowy background outside I should call this photo "Summer meets Winter"









mustard and cress

Because of the weather and lack of compost I had to make do with sowing Mustard and Cress as my gardening project for today!






the forgotten Amarylis
A bit of fun with my Amarylis photos

5 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hi Ruth...thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment:-) I always enjoy "meeting" new people!! I had heard there was a Sudbury in England too, how lovely is that?! I've just read some of your posts and have thoroughly enjoyed them all...your flowers are just gorgeous!! Take good care of yourself and stay warm:-) Hugs xox

Jeanette said...

Hi Ruth
Your Snow photo looks good enough to be a postcard, Oh I hope the branches dont break on Micks Rhodo! bush hope you take some photo's of it when its flowering. ((((Hugs)))) to you both

Gledwood said...

pea... what an unusual name... okay ...those are lovely sno-fotos ...& I didn't realize you had a pond ... I love fishies ... also I hope frost hasn't destroyed anything you can't take indoors ...

okay, take care

Gledsx

talj said...

Lovely photos!! Looks like the garden looks great in all weather!! :o)

RUTH said...

Thanks all.
jeanette; there will ceratinly be pics of the rhodo probably May sometime.
gw; I'll have to post some pics of our fish when the pond thaws; there are a few on an old post...
http://ruthjen.blogspot.com/2006/08/fish-pond.html
if you want a look

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw