Wednesday 18 July 2007

DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE

The visit to the C.A.B. was quite stressful and emotional; I needed some "chill" time when I left and so I walked home along the river; something that always relaxes me. I had to take some photos.....so BUG & BEASTIE ALERT!!!!






Hopefully one of you (Mark?) can tell me the name of the dragonfly. Speaking of MARK...I was so impressed with the photo he took of the Banded Snails on Monday that I made a collage of my photos.....isn't it funny how I can admire these snails as long as they're not in my garden!!!!
As I spent yesterday morning pacing the floor and was out most of the afternoon I hardly set foot in the garden. Hopefully; weather providing; I'll be able to spend some time out there today....I wonder if any more flowers have bloomed?
Update; thanks to Mark ...the dragonfly is a male Southern Hawker.

9 comments:

talj said...

Hope you get some garden time tomorrow {{HUGS}}

Wonderful snail photos Ruth!! Did the coffee grounds ever do any good?? xx

Audrey said...

Amazing photos Ruth, hopefully some sunshine and time in the garden for you tommorrow xxx Auds

Audrey said...

By the way love the song :) Beautiful

Chrissie said...

Nice collage, Ruth :-) I love to walk, I find it relaxing to get out for a while too. Have a good day and enjoy your garden. I'm sure there will be some surprises for you.

Bob said...

Hi Ruth, I like to walk by a river, there is always so much to see. I hope the weather is okay for you to get out in to the garden today. Bob.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I go away for a few days and you get up to so much in my absence - you are amazing. All those wonderful photos, gardening, plumbing, digging over the school garden for the slabs, safari hunt after your stressful trip to CAB Mick would certainly be so proud of you - you are totally amazing.

A wildlife gardener said...

Love all the bugs abd beasties, Ruth. We've got lots of banded snails too, though not the skipper butterfly. The dragonfly does a two day visit here then it's off again. If it wasn't so agile with its amazing acrobatic flight, I'd try to video it :)

Mark said...

Hi Ruth,
The dragonfly is a male Southern hawker, nice collection of pictures and looking for these things certainly distracts you from everything else so you are able to put things to one side ...for a while. Your snails look good to the way you have got them. You carn't beat nature for art...

Cheers Mark

RUTH said...

Talj; not sure about the coffee grounds; it's been so rainy I think the snails would be able to SWIM across any barrier.
Cheers Mark; you're a star :o)

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw