Sunday 22 July 2007

NIGHT TIME WANDERINGS

Manda and I really enjoyed our late evening walk up to the old church. I know it sounds silly but it was really strange going out so late....but it's the first time I've been out of the house in the evening for over 2 years! The sun was starting to set even before we left home so we made sure we had torches with us.With all the rain we've had lately I was surprised to see how well the wheat was ripening...There were so many Teasels in flower.........................and it was so peaceful.......there wasn't a soul in sight and we could hardly hear the traffic.....Although we didn't see any badgers we did see some bats.......no photos...i did try but the were just too fast ...............it was lovely watching them as they swooped around us...I was glad I wasn't a moth though!.......I wouldn't fancy being a bats dinner.




This grave I'm curious about......................On the plinth it's standing on is carved the word "ENTRANCE".....It's difficult to see I know so try to imagine the following 2 photos side by side.....I really can't imagine why the word is written there.............................
There have been reports of some ghostly sightings in the church yard so I thought I'd take a few photos without the flash....just to see what occurred..........except for the first one, which I lightened slightly, the following photos are just as they came out of the camera.................this is really weird because it was getting quite dark so I don't know why the area surrounding the door is so BRIGHT!!!!and I haven't a clue what the orange circle with the black eyes is in this one!!!!!.......... Spooky eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




As we were only about 10 minutes from Tescos I thought we may as well do some late night shopping...Leanne & co are coming today and I could do with replenishing the store cupboard........so off we trudged only to find that on a Saturday night it closes at 10pm (10.20 by now)....groan......so it was about turn and we headed back home......thank goodness MacDonald's was still open as by now we were both in desperate need of the Ladies!!! (a cheeseburger each did jump over the counter into our hands...some sort of mysterious magnetic force at work).




I was glad we took our torches as some of the street lights were out.and I would have hated to have stepped on this little fellow.......
We were almost home when an alien spacecraft snatched us up into space...this is a photo of the earth I took from the space craft's window..........................only kidding.........it's a photo of some smoke that I took as we left home but the picture's upside down........


Before I sign off I must mention this logo you'll see in my sidebar now. This was from Denise; (no tagging involved)....As she will soon be approaching her 500th post she wanted to do something special.....in her own words;

"please post this on your blog and more importantly send out to all of YOUR blogging community too, so we can all celebrate the global friendships which happen between us all....we are all stars shining!"

As I don't have email addressess for you all please copy and paste this into your sidebar; let's see how many stars we can have shining around Blogworld.shining stars

7 comments:

Annie said...

Entrance? On a tombstone? Entrance to the next world/life/mystery? I'm so curious about this.

Thanks for the nice evening walk, Ruth.

Leanne said...

hi mum, your walk sounds great! the photo's are really intriguing, especially the door, i reckon its some sort of aura around it.looking forward to seeing you later. love you lots xxxx

Shaz said...

"Entrance?" . . as long as there wasn't an exit for ghosts! & McGhost serving cheeseburgers? . . .lol

The walk sounded like a fab idea though, have fun with the family today x x x

Shaz said...

PS The Your A Star is a great idea & no tagging should make it a huge success. I'll post tomorrow or later today x x

Akelamalu said...

Back off holiday and trying to catch up on your news -

some of those photos in the churchyard are spooky!

I'll put the 'Your a Star' badge in my sidebar and do a little post with it to promote it.

dot said...

Interesting post with beautiful photos. I left you an award on my blog. YOu don't have to do anything but enjoy it it as I know you don't want to do these and have limited net time. Just to let you know how much I enjoy your blogs!

Melanie Rimmer said...

I love reading about your walks. Makes me feel as if I was walking with you. Thanks for taking us along.

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw