Wednesday 1 August 2007

ABC WEDNESDAY - B

(if you're looking for Wordless Wednesday scroll down to the post below)


B is for BEACHCOMBING.........



which is what I'll be doing Today AND Thursday. Yes!!! I'm off to the seaside with Leanne & Co today and Manda & Co tomorrow....being a Ramsgate girl I soooo miss the beach and haven't seen the sea for about 3 years now. This photo is of a souvenir; bought in Naples, Italy in 1964. Considering the amount of travelling it's done from country to country (my Father was in the army) except for some slight damage to the small starfish it's still looking in good condition and stands on the lavatory windowsill.........

along with my collection of beachcombed shells and stones.





Today I'm off to West Mersea Beach and tomorrow we are heading for Walton or Brightlingsea...(it all depends which bus turns up first). Two days on the beach......what fun I'm going to have!!!

14 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Oooo! we went on a sailing holiday from Brightlingsea many years ago! We had a great time and even met......... wait for it...........................
Englebert Humperdink who was there at the same time!!!!!!!!!

Ali said...

I love the beach too, but I am lucky, living on the Kent coast, I get to see it every single day. I can look out of my office window and see a martello tower and the sea and watch the ships navigate through the straits.

mrsnesbitt said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the sea the sea!
Love it. Can't wait for the photos!

Dxx

Akelamalu said...

The weather forecast is good, you get paddling gal! Can't wait to hear all about it and the photos of course!!! :)

Shaz said...

I love the sea & combing or treasure. I hope the weather is good to you over the next two days & have fun.

We'd planned to go to the beach today but we're waiting for a GP appointment as I think Francesca may have a mild dose of Chicken Pox! Joy of joys!

Jeanette said...

Hi Ruth, Beautiful shells I add mine to my cacti planter.
Have a wonderful few days down by the seaside....

Audrey said...

Oh yes Ruth, nothing quite like being by the sea, hope you get lots of sunshine..have a great time and cant wait to see the photos.. xx Auds

Anonymous said...

I want to go to the beach. :) I live in a landlocked state and so no beach for me unless I drive over 8 hours.

Anonymous said...

wow! nice collections.
happy wednesday!

Anonymous said...

what an interesting work of creativity. happy ww!

jmb said...

Have fun Ruth,I hope you have good weather for the jaunt.

dot said...

Love your shell collections! Hope you enjoy your two days at the beach.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for joining our little ABC Wednesday group. I like the beach right after the 'season'. Everything is still open but a lot of the crowds are gone. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth - we're beach buddies I see. :) Two days this week I've had the most exhilarating walk along the beach. Didn't found anything interesting though - not even the increasingly common shopping trolley.

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw