Wednesday 29 August 2007

ABC WEDNESDAY - an "F" word

F IS FOR FIREPLACE

I remember well as a child how the family gathered around the fireplace for conversation and family bonding and the fireplace was always the focal point of the room......now the TV's taken it's place. It was sheer luck that I had a photo of my fireplace in my files...John - Publog had recently asked his visitors to take photos of their fireplaces and send him...Thanks John you saved me a lot of trouble looking for an "F"!



“"Go to bed in your fireplace, you'll sleep like a log." ”
Ellen DeGeneres






“He who wants to warm himself in old age must build a fireplace in his youth”
German Proverb






“There is no place more delightful than one's own fireplace.”
Marcus Tullius Cicero





Why did the insommniac push his bed into the fireplace?


“Because he wanted to sleep like a log”

abc wednesday

11 comments:

dot said...

Nice ABC post. I had a hard time coming up with something and never even thought of fireplace. I don't have one but it sure would be nice if I did!

Ali said...

What a great 'F' post. I remember as a child, many a family night sat beside an open, roaring fire. There's something very magical about an open flame.

Shaz said...

Good ol' John made for an excellent post . . .lol

bidarlah said...

in our equatorial climate, we dont need a fireplace in our house. We literally sleep close to the air condition instead. haha!

but the pic reminded me of my years in the UK. yes! however they are so old and unsafe to burn any logs, so small electric ones was put in front of them. Still that's the closest i ever have to a 'real' fireplace.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Creative, like yo usually are. My wife would have a fire every night (even the summer) if she could.

mrsnesbitt said...

Jon loves a nice fire! LOL!

kml said...

Great F post!

CG said...

Great post!

Annie said...

Now isn't that funny that I never even thought of photographing my fireplace for the F photo. I think maybe that's because it's just too hot here in Arkansas right now.

Hin Man said...

I would think of my unused fireplace differently after seeing your post. Thank you.

Mike said...

I stare at a fireplace every day and it never even occurred to me to use it for ABC F.

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw