Thursday 16 August 2007

THURSDAY THOUGHT

This week I'm changing the tack of my Thursday Thought; instead of my usual one-liner I'd like you to think about this.............................


On September 27th 1,000s of bloggers around the worldwill be joining in BlogCatalog's Blogging for a Great Cause Challenge.This Blogging Challenge will be: Bloggers Against Abuse September 27th, 2007.

The Outcome we are after is to be part of the largest group of bloggers to ever blog about an important cause, all on the same day.

So how do you participate? On Sept. 27th, blog about putting an end to some sort of Abuse (you decide what kind of abuse to blog about). In the meantime though, please spread the word among all the bloggers you know and if you'd like to take part or need more information please click on the badge at the top of this post.



a thought for Thursday


BY THE POWER OF THE INTERNET WE ALL HAVE A VOICE;

USE YOURS!

9 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

The power of the internet is amazing.

Anonymous said...

... I was just going to ask you "what kind of abuse do you mean" when you answered for me: any kind

what a fascinating challenge

so on sept 1 i have to do a post about abuse? is that it... duh click on the thing at the top ok!

re what you asked about housing benefit: i DO get it but there is a shortfall which is quite big, also arrears that i make up some evidently pitiful some to weekly plus a "service charge" which covers breakfast etc which is why i ended up in trouble with them

(yet again)

but she is a nice lady

take care

g

Bob said...

Hi Ruth, I'm going to have to think of a cause to support now then. Bob.

RUTH said...

Gleds; it's September 27th...expect you've visited the link now so hope it's clear. Sorry to hear that your rent is so high...some landlords rates are extortionate.

CG said...

Now I just need to remember to do it!

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth, I think this looks lie a very worthwhile project, would you mind if I post about it over at my place too? Will you pop by and let me know - I don't want to pinch your idea, I just think the more that know the better.
Thankyou for giving me something that I can work on to take my mind off the negatives of blogging. I'm off now to get started on a mega post!

Akelamalu said...

Just got back from our little jaunt and doing a quick visit to see what's been going on with you.

What a great idea - the abuse post I'll make a note and join in.

Congratulations on your award m'dear you deserve it (and more!). x

Suzi-k said...

Great idea, I'm in

Shaz said...

Count me in x

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw