Sunday 26 August 2007

TRIED AND FAILED

I've been Blogging for over a year now and seeing the way that so many Bloggers like Akelamula answer EVERY comment made in their comment box I realised that I was probably being quite discourteous by not doing the same.....so I gave it a try on a few of my posts. I have so much respect for those of you who do but I CAN'T!!!!! I don't know a lot about computers and so maybe there are shortcuts I don't know about......but it can take me up to 2 or 3 hours to write a post as I wait for photos to upload and then TRY to sort out the layout problems. ...huge great gaps that appear every time the post is saved.....oh for a WYSIWYG!!!!!.....what I see perfectly laid out in PREVIEW looks nothing like the published post. I've never found out how to do the "one click edit"......if I spot an error after I've posted I have to click new post....wait for that to load.....click edit posts....wait for that to load....click the relevant post...wait for that to load......and of course then the spacing's gone haywire again.


I do try and visit everyone who comments (especially if they have asked a question) plus all the regular blogs I visit I always try and leave a comment on too.....by the time I've done that another 3 hours or more has passed. My eyes get sooooo tired and I end up with a raging headache (despite my new glasses).


There are so many things I'd like to try on my blog like drop down links in the side bar or a three column blog and learn about HTML but my poor head's too tired to try it....and as for my eyes...well I can't even work out how many legs this elephant has!!!!


I don't want blogging to become stressful...it's the FUN in my life.......and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to take a College Course soon so may need extra time for studying.


Please be assured I do READ all the comments I receive and really appreciate them.....
P.S.
I've only just found out that it's UKBOB's Blogbirthday today...he kept that quiet so I've not even baked him a cake.
HAPPY BLOGAVERSAY BOB

6 comments:

Ali said...

Ruth there is no law that says you have to answer everyone individually, and as you said, blogging should be a fun pursuit. If you don't have the time, it really doesn't matter. The fact that you visit our blogs lets us know that you welcome our visits to yours. Please don't stress about it sweetie.

I am getting to that point now too, where since the ABC started, I have a whole new bunch of blogs that I like to visit, quite a few on days other than Wednesday too, and it is sometimes difficult to get round everyone.

Your blog, is your space to use as you like Ruth, I for one, will keep visiting whether or not you reply to my comments. x

Gill said...

Ruth~
Your comments are always cherished but if you don't have time to leave them, then you are right, stressing about it will take the fun right out of blogging.

Let's keep it fun. Leave em if you have time, don't leave em if you don't have time.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming month of learning!!!
We'll always be here. Well, as long as we blog anyways!
xo
Blue

RUTH said...

I'll continue to leave my comments on other peoples blogs Gillian..it's commenting on the comments in my OWN comment box that I won't be doing as much of.
Rx

dot said...

I understand the problems you are having. I'm on dialup and my time is limited to approx 6 1/2 hours per day. I usually skip anything on a blog that has to be downloaded. It just takes too much time.

Auntie Noo said...

I never answer comments, cos I feel that most people wouldn't come back and read a post again - (well at least I don't!) I think with bloglines or another feed reader you pop to an updated blog when you know it's new... but there's no reminder to keep popping back to see the comments (and I need reminders!!!)

I think it's one of those "personal" choices, there's no right or wrong you just have to do what suits you.

Auntie Noo said...

p.s. for editing a post.... when you've published and it goes to the "view blog" page, there's an edit post link just under that, so if you view the blog and then use the back button you can edit the post without all the other steps..... at least I can do it that way so hope you can too! :)

SKY ALBUM -

EVERY SUNRISE AND SUNSET WE SHARED WAS PRECIOUS

A TOUR OF OUR GARDEN 2006

MEET THE FAMILY

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called family. Make your own badge here.
Thanks Akelamula

DENISE'S WISH FOR US ALL

A 1st Birthday Gift to my Blogpals

Thank you from Ruth

FLOWER ALBUM-

Thanks to Akelamula

creative blogger

Thanks Shaz

Thanks Skittles...worn with pride

created by Denise - given with love

AWARDS!

Rockin' Shaz sxhmoozed me From Mags, Gill, Libby,Denise and Meeyauw